By Ben Archibald
Published on Tuesday 19 Jun 2012 22:28
A SCOTTISH training partner has told of being stranded in a review in Thailand where dual of her friends were found passed from suspected poisoning.
Samantha Kay, 24, pronounced she is stranded on a Thai island since medical staff who treated her have confiscated her passport.
Ms Kay, of Dundee, fell ill shortly before sisters Audrey, 20 and Noemi Belanger, 26, were found passed in their hotel room in Phi Phi Island final Friday.
The Scot spent 3 days in sanatorium being treated for suspected food poisoning though notwithstanding discharging her, sanatorium executives kept her passport.
Last night, she told how a sanatorium refuses to lapse it until she pays her £400 medical bill.
Speaking from a traveller resort, Ms Kay said: “I was unequivocally ill. Food poisoning has been oral about though it was dehydration as well. It could have been germ or a pathogen or something.
“The sanatorium kept my pass since a word association wouldn’t compensate up-front for my treatment. we can’t leave here until my father pays a £400. I’m certain I’ll get it behind from a insurance, though what if we didn’t have my dad? I’d be stranded here.”
Ms Kay pronounced she met a Canadian sisters, from Quebec, when she was compelling restaurants and bars on a island.
The sisters were both found passed by a cleaning lady during a Phi Phi Palms Hotel on Friday.
Ms Kay pronounced investigators found justification of puke in a hotel room and told how a sisters had skin lesions, draining gums and blue fingernails, that can be symptoms of poisoning.
She said: “The girls were lovely. we chatted to them and we finished adult dancing during a club. we don’t know what’s happened, they’re observant they were poisoned.
“Some people pronounced it competence have been a gas trickle during a hotel, other people pronounced it could have been smoke from cleaning liquid they use in a flats.”
Phi Phi military contend it is too early to establish how a sisters died though ruled out tainted play.
They reliable a hotel room where a sisters were found had not been damaged into and was sealed from a inside.
The Scottish training assistant’s father, Dudley Kay, 65, who runs a Dundee guesthouse, said: “She suspicion it was a good medical and transport word process though we have found out a tiny imitation says she is not insured if she travels for longer than 90 days, that she has.
“Sami is frightened now since of a deaths. She only wants to get out. She unequivocally wants a help, though it’s tough for me to do many all a approach behind in Dundee.”
Mr Kay pronounced he had paid his daughter’s check though she will not accept her pass behind until a income has cleared, that is expected to be after this week.
Three years ago on Phi Phi, dual women, an American and a Norwegian, were found tainted in their adjoining rooms. The deaths are still unsolved.
There are 2 comments to this article
Another Scam Travel word policy, It is about time a UK supervision clamped down on these Cockroach word companies…….Which incidentally includes many word companies………drive them out of business.they are thieves.
High time HUMMINGBIRD, that a Foreign and Commonwealth Office took a some-more active purpose and PUBLISHED and WARNED tourists NOT to TRAVEL to certain destinations.
This plcae is NOT on my authorized Destination list,and is not expected to be in a nearby Future. The Tsunami warning has already been given.